Therapy rates: The normal cash fee for individual, couples or family psychotherapy is $150 per 50-minute session. Most PPO insurance plan members are reimbursed by their insurance carrier at a rate of 50% to 70%, which means the cost to you is $75 per session after your insurance company reimburses you. Please be prepared to pay at the outset of the session after the agreement has been signed. All rates will be settled and agreed upon before services commence.
Psychological evaluation rates: These vary according to the question, the purpose for the evaluation, and the procedures being requested. A flat fee is agreed upon at the outset of the evaluation, except for specific types of forensic evaluations.
Consultation rates: These vary according to the purpose of the consultation or presentation. A flat fee is determined and payment is expected before the consultation begins.
Insurance: This practtce is a United Behavioral Health, Sutter Select, and Blue Cross/Blue Shield preferred provider. This means that you must know and are responsible for the copayment at time of service.
Otherwise, a receipt will be given to you for submission by you to your insurance company for reimbursement. Services may be covered in full or in part by your health insurance or employee benefit plan. Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
- Do I have mental health insurance benefits?
- What percentage does my insurance cover for out-of-network providers?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- What is my co-pay?
- How many sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is approval required from my primary care physician?
- Does my insurance plan include an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP)?
Employee Assistance Plans (EAP): This practice accepts United Behavioral Health EAP, Optum, Sutter Select claims and Concern EAP claims. Others depend upon whether the EAP accepts Out of Network EAP Providers.
Reduced Fee: Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.
- Veterans who are suffering trauma from recent deployment are offered services at a reduced rate.
- Religious leaders, rabbis, priests, ordained ministers and pastors are offered services at a reduced rate.
Payment: Cash, check is preferred and Visa and Mastercard are accepted for payment with an additional 0.04% fee.
Cancellation Policy: If you do not show up for your scheduled therapy appointment, and you have not given at least 24 hours in advance notice, you will be required to pay the full cost of the session.
Schedule Online: Request a therapy, evaluation or consultation appointment online here.
Contact: Questions? Please contact me for further information.